Sunday, July 26, 2020

🤠 How to Create Meaningful Goals and Seduce them With Your Passion


Day 22:   What Should a Goal Look Like? 




by Edward Smith
27 Jul 2020 

Goal Setting Requires Rigor and Upkeep

If you haven't realized it by now, a sixty-six day challenge is not just a dream.   It's meant to be a measurable plan, set up to happen within a measurable amount of time.   

This plan has a specific target goal, it sets measurable milestones against itself and it reviews actual outcomes against original intentions.    

Periodic reviews are mandatory.   Reviewing works to ensure the plan remains on target and whether the plan requires tweaking or adjustments.   As new facts become known, the plan can change, but the momentum behind ensuring the plan succeeds must never waver.    

To make something meaningful happen, and to meet a deadline, you have to proactively manage the project with this kind of rigor.  

Unexpected things will occur, but consistent management of the project must remain actively in place throughout the process.   If that doesn't happen, things are destined to get off track pretty quick, and when that happens, the plan won't know what to do.   When a plan becomes lost, the intended outcomes become lost along with it.   


You Have to Believe in The Mission

Welcome to day twenty-two of sixty-six.  If you have been following this whole thing, we're now one third of the way complete.   This begs the following set of questions:   

Why am I still here?  Why did I stick it out for this long?   
Why am I doing this?    

Want to know?   It's because of the mission.  You have to believe in the mission.

Back when I worked at my old aerospace company, I believed in the mission (I still do).   That's why I stuck with things for as long as I did.   I could have left at any time.   The door was always open.  

As I mentioned in a previous article.   The average employee at my company survived two years.  Nobody would have blamed me had I quit after that point.   My honor was intact.  My resume could be updated and nobody would be the wiser.

I stuck it out though.   I stuck it out for another five years.   I took on more responsibility and more pain, even though I never had to.   I chose to.  I believed in what I was doing.  The whole thing was worth it.

Want to Know Why it Was Worth It?   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

🤠 How To Complete a 66 Day Challenge

Day 66: Reaching the Finish Line by Edward Smith 09 Sept 2020 Mission Complete! In this article I wanted to finish what I started back on 06...