Friday, August 28, 2020

🤠 How A 66 Day Challenge Reveals Your Innermost Dark Secrets

 Day 55:   What's the Point?




by Edward Smith

29 Aug 2020

Does a 66 Day Challenge Actually Work?

If you have been reading my other articles up to this point, you'll have read a great deal about personal finance.   Maybe that wasn't what you came here for though.  

Maybe you were more interested in the idea of a 66 day challenge.  For you it meant that a person was doing something for 66 days and that that journey would lead to some sort of transformation at the end.   

You may wonder whether a 66 day period of time can do something like that, or whether a 66 day challenge works.  The answer is yes.  Today I want to talk about that.  


A Day To Reflect

Back on 06 July 2020, I posted my first article entitled ðŸ¤   How to Identify the Problem and Make a Change.   In this article I determined that I was overspending money in a callous way.   

Every since that day, I've used this platform to review things, and reflect.  I've been doing that for 54 days straight now.   When you commit to something for as long as 54 days, you learn some stuff along the way about yourself.  You figure out what you value.   

During this challenge, I've learned that I can do things when I put my mind to it.   It's not easy coming up with a new article every day or making yourself commit to a new habit.   I learned that I need to give myself attention when something has gone out of control.  

I've learned that I am not powerless.  I've learned that I can change myself when I choose to do it.   I learned I can say no to things when I decide to say no, and that I can come up with other things when the no results in me not getting to do what I normally do.   


A 66 Day Challenge Exposes You

When you commit to a 66 day challenge, you'll begin the process by identifying what is obvious.   That's the stuff you see on the surface.   

It's what you go into the thing thinking you need to change.   As you commit to the plan though, and spend time with it, you'll start digging into things a little bit more.  When you do that, you'll uncover unexpected things.   

Your problem will turn out to be more complex.  It will have layers to it.   Your original problem may just be a symptom.  If you fix the root cause it might solve many things all at once.


A 66 Day Challenge Helps You Understand

I've found this challenge to to be very insightful and therapeutic.   I originally dug into a spending problem.  I then found out that the spending problem related to a series of financial worries that I care about and wish to resolve.   

The 66 day challenge has also been educational.  It shows I can create something without someone else directing me to do it.  I can commit to something and stick with it.   I was able to clear out my head and use it to organize my thoughts.  It helped me to figure out what I value.  


Conclusion

When you do a 66 day challenge, it's important to reflect on the process and see if the thing is working.   Mine has been great so far.

During my challenge, I learned that I had some things buried pretty deep.  I also learned that I had misidentified my problem, and that I was trying to fix the wrong thing at the wrong time.   

By doing research I was able to figure out where I had gone wrong.   I was then able to re-prioritize things in a better way.  That really helped clear up my head.  It put action behind a worry.   It allowed me to focus my efforts in a better way.  

If you haven't tried a 66 day challenge, you might want to start one today.  It's a great way to figure things out when things feel out of control.   You might even discover something profound or important about yourself.  You're worth that investment.  Invest in yourself today.          
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

🤠 How To Complete a 66 Day Challenge

Day 66: Reaching the Finish Line by Edward Smith 09 Sept 2020 Mission Complete! In this article I wanted to finish what I started back on 06...