Thursday, August 13, 2020

🤠 How It Feels to See A Dream Take Physical Form

Day 40:   From Brain to Physical Plane





by Edward Smith
14 Aug 2020


My Dream Was & Is to Be In Charge 

If you read my last article entitled  ðŸ¤     How To Keep Yourself Safe From Brain Ghosts, you would have read about how dreams are your why.  They keep those pesky brain ghosts away.  In this article, find out what my dream was and why it mattered to me.

Ten years ago, I decided that working for other people can be both good and dangerous, depending on how you manage things in the background.     


Be Grateful and Respectful

Before I continue though.  Let me get something straight.

Working for another person is honorable and good.   It connects you to those around you, you get to use their resources to help make society better, and they in turn help you out by paying you a paycheck. 

I understand that.   Every job I've ever had has been a blessing.   Without those jobs, I'd have nothing.  I wouldn't be able to think ahead or plan for future things.  Jobs let you build yourself up.   

This is important.  Never bite the hand that feeds you.   Appreciate your employer and work hard for them.   They took a bunch of risk when they hired you.  

Show people you were worth it.    Do a good job for them.  Show them you have character and integrity.  Don't forget those that helped lift you up.


Be Realistic!

On the other hand, work alone is not going to solve all of your real world problems.   Nobody ever said it would.   

Your situation could be better, but it is up to you to make it work out that way.  Employers are not you.   They are not infallible, and sometimes they have to let people go.   

It could happen because you do something, or it could happen because the employer has no other choice and it's not your fault.   Either way, you now are cut loose, and you have to face things on your own.   You better have a plan in place.  
 

Layoffs Happen!

I read the news, and job layoffs happen.  

When they happen, I pray that the poor people being laid off, have a plan in place to keep themselves out of harm's way.  Relying on an employer completely is naive and is a form of short term thinking.   Don't make assumptions!

Just because you have a job today, doesn't mean you will have a job tomorrow.  

Make a backup plan.

If you get laid off, and you have no plan, that layoff becomes super serious quick.  I'm not interested in experiencing that moment.   Doesn't sound fun.  I'm no victim.   So here is what I did.



Dreaming My Have To's Into Want To's

I decided, I wanted to have more control over what happened.  I decided it would be up to me to do something about it.   

My dream was to turn my job from a have to, to a want to.  Here is how it worked.  I asked myself a series of questions.  

If I came to work tomorrow and my employer stopped giving me money starting today, would it matter?   Could I show up to work tomorrow for free and make it all work?   Would the money stuff already be good?      

That was my dream.   Buy out my employer's paycheck.   Become self sufficient.  Work where I want to work, when I want to work, for whatever it pays and not worry about it.      


Want to Know Why I Did That?  Read My Next Article.


No comments:

Post a Comment

🤠 How To Complete a 66 Day Challenge

Day 66: Reaching the Finish Line by Edward Smith 09 Sept 2020 Mission Complete! In this article I wanted to finish what I started back on 06...